New method of evaluating overall fire safety
- Fire safety is not just one thing. It involves an interplay between a number of different factors.
Climate change presents new problems for the emergency services
- The dry summer has caused a record number of wildfires.
Report prepares the ground for new Building Code in the wake of Grenfell Tower
- The first report following the Grenfell Tower fire in London has been published.
New possibilities for testing of polymeric materials
DBI can now test smaller components according to the UL94 standard
Solid timber elements can self-extinguish in the event of a fire
There is considerable evidence that timber will become an even more important construction material.
Cause of multistorey carpark fire in Liverpool still unclear
- Never before have 1,400 cars been engulfed by flames in a multistorey carpark.
Both progress and challenges have appeared during the drafting of a European facade test
- A draft proposal has been put forward for a common European standard.
DBI - The Danish Institute of Fire and Security Technology
Tel. +45 36 34 90 00
VAT number: 65 19 68 16
Copyright © All material on DBI's website is protected by copyright law. If you are in any doubt about how to use our material, feel free to contact us at